Have you ever felt not good enough? Not skinny enough? Do you look at other people in envy, wishing you looked as good as them? Are you never happy with how you look, physically? Do you jump on that scale and ever dread the number that will pop up in front of you?
Well, let's change that!
Members who are committed to losing/gaining weight:
You are capable of losing weight, or gaining weight, feeling strong and being healthy. You are good enough! Weight does not define who you are as a person. It may affect your attitude and you know what? You should want to be healthy and feel happy about yourself. The most important person should be you: Your happiness, your contentment.
So, why am I posting this journal? I posted a poll recently asking if anyone would be interesting in something like this and I got over 60+ deviants saying Yes. So here it is!
I wanted to post this journal in hopes to help people lose weight, or gain weight and be happy about themselves.
So let's start with some questions that I would like you to explain the answers to, either on this journal or just hold them accountable to yourself.
1. Will I be happy once I get to my goal?
2. Why am I currently unhappy?
This form will pertain to both deviants who want to gain and lose weight. Please fill out a form and post it below if you would like to be a part of something like this. You cannot win the weekly prizes if you do not fill out this form, post it in a comment and have at least 5 comments, (one each day of the week, Mon-Friday at least). Only active participants who are dedicated to losing or gaining weight will earn the prizes. This is only to weed out the individuals who might abuse the system.
The prizes are set in place to motivate you all to gain or lose weight! So please fill out and post the form below. It will be more beneficial to not only you but everyone else who is participating to see others who have their own goals:
- How much do you weigh now?
- What weight do you want to be at?
- How tall are you?
- Name three things you want to change the most about yourself:
- Name three things you love about yourself:
- Why do you want to look different?
- What is your BMI? To calculate go here: [link]
- What BMI do you want to be at?
- What is your favorite "bad" food?
- What is your favorite "healthy" food?
- What is your goal emotionally?
- What pant size do you want to be at?
- Share a little story about yourself if you wish, of your past triumphs or setbacks!
So, what might help motivate you to lose or gain weight? Pick out something you always wanted to do or to get and use that as your motivation. Get in a competition with someone. (This journal can be used as a competition to those who want to). You can even use money as a form of inspiration. It is all up to you. So what is my motivation?
THIS BABY: [link]
These are a size 11, but they run small so it technically is a size 9
I paid $70 for them in Vegas! & I hope by the summer I will strut my stuff back in VEGAS!
I want to get to a size 9 again you guys! So I need to go down a couple sizes!
Ahh…I'm rambling. So here is my form, or rather contract to you guys:
- How much do you weigh now? 188.3 lbs. /dies
- What weight do you want to be at? 150
- How tall are you? 5'7
- Name three things you want to change the most about yourself: My stomach, butt and back.
- Name three things you love about yourself. My hair, my eyes my waist.
- Why do you want to look different? To feel better about myself, to finally walk into a room and be confident. To be healthy and not put unhealthy foods into my system.
- What is your BMI? To calculate go here: 29.5
- What BMI do you want to be at? 23.5 (150lbs)
- What is your favorite "bad" food? Ohhhhh….
everything ;A; /shot
- What is your favorite "healthy" food? AH! Um… Pineapple!
- What is your goal emotionally? To feel confident.
- What size pants are you and what size do you want to be at? 13…I want to be a 9.
- Share a little story about yourself if you wish, of your past triumphs or setbacks! Let's begin with myself. I grew up as the biggest girl in class. Not weight wise but I was always taller. (Even most of the boys QAQ) I was always looked down upon because of this, something that I could not even help. Not to mention the girls had different body types than me, they were all small framed and boned so as I grew up with them most but not all were smaller than me. I then joined volleyball and lost a lot of weight, got in shape, down to around my goal weight of 150. OH GOD…WHAT I WOULD DO TO BE THAT WEIGHT AGAIN. /cough.
Anyways…I played all through high school, I then quit and now I've gained some of the weight back because I am no longer playing a sport.
I have bought a treadmill and used it feverishly for weeks and lost 15 pounds but then gained it back when I quit. So now my treadmill is collecting dust and I yearn to run on that baby again. I ran last week a couple days though. I used to run at 6-6.5mph for miles. Now, I am lucky if I can run 5mph for 10 minutes. I yearn to get at my goal weight again and most importantly to feel healthy and confident about myself!
Please know that posting your weight and BMI will not cause any backlash or bullying from anyone, if I can help it! If anyone is bullying you, please let me know and I will talk to them about it. If the problem persists block and report them. Bullying is not okay. Everyone has something about themselves that they don't like whether it is they are too skinny, too overweight, too tall or too short. It doesn't matter, if they have a big nose, big feet or big ears. Please be courteous to everyone posting on here as we are only here to help ourselves grow and become more content with who we are as individuals.
A quick note. Please do not
compare yourself to anyone else's weight. Please also note that everyone has different: body types, different heights, goals, aspirations and motivation; different equipment, metabolisms and time.
Here are some amazing tips from WebMD. These are all slideshows with pictures and helpful information that will help you stay motivated and informed!
So let's get to some foods you should eat more of: [link]
Foods to not eat:[link]
Common diet mistakes: [link]
Common misconceptions about: Eggs, steak, pork, pasta, nuts, cheese and coffee. It is all about good portions! [link]
About exercise and 22 Ways to Stay on Track
"When you don't exercise, you place the entire burden of weight loss on your diet. If you become more active, you can eat more of the things you like -- and still lose weight. The key is finding an exercise you enjoy. If the treadmill seems tedious, try swimming, ballet, biking, or table tennis, all of which burn more calories than walking. Spend time at different activities until you find one you want to do on most days." [link]
Food Frauds That Can Wreck Your Diet: This includes smoothies! *A* A mistake I have been making Also power/energy bars! [link]
25 Super Snacks With 100 Calories or Less:[link]
If you are feeling alone, or are struggling with life in general pertaining to your goals please do not hesitate to send me a note. I want to help and I will help! You can also post a comment on this journal as well.
I will update this journal with all the people who are serious about entering this. Take that step to feeling better about yourself and finally stop feeling bad about yourself and do something!
Remember you must have at least 30 minutes of cardio a day to see any weight loss. You must also burn more calories than you are consuming.
I will now post what I will be doing to lose weight this week
to beat you all Monday
- Run for thirty minutes, then walk for thirty minutes. Do an ab workout video, and then walk at night. Tuesday
- Lift weights (weight video), Butt video, walk at night, 100 sit ups. I have a lighter schedule on Tuesday/Thursday since I have school these days. Wednesday
- Run thirty minutes/walk thirty, cardio video, 20 push ups, walk at night.Thursday
-Weights, Yoga video, walk at night, 20 push ups.Friday
- Run for thirty minutes, then walk. Ab video and then walk at night. Saturday
- Run for thirty minutes then thirty minutes walking. Weights, 100 sit ups, walk at night. Sunday
- Day off
If anyone has any tips on how to make my schedule work better I'd love to hear it! I don't know a ton about weight loss, when it comes to exercise, but I figure I would try this out! I want to rely on myself instead of some crazy workout that I can only do at the gym. That is why I bought some workout videos! Or you guys can even get FREE workout videos on YouTube! What you have to do:
Every week post a picture of your current weight loss. It can be an actual picture of your weight on the scale, a drawn picture of you on the scale or just a picture with your weight on it.
You can upload it, which is preferred just disable comments if you don't feel comfortable, or just post it to this journal and link it to your photo bucket or image locate it. Rules/Guidelines:
It is recommended but not mandatory to leave a comment at the end of each day to let us know how you are doing. I will edit the journal and tell you what my success, failure and feelings are each day.
I will post your icon on the journal and enter how much weight you have lost to show off to your friends and fellow motivators
If you know anyone you know wants to gain or lose weight spread the word around.
If you feature this journal in your own journal entry you will receive 1 llama and 1 watch from me.
Please be honest with your weight loss. Only members who have filled out a form and post constantly will receive a prize if they lost/gained the most weight. 1 comment saying you lost weight will not suffice in a win.
You must be active. The people who are gaining weight will have their own prize and the person who loses the most weight will have their own prize. So two people will win each week. The prizes will change each week between both categories. Prizes:
Winner for most weight loss each week, in a healthy way, please: Free sketch by *Shichimi-nyan
, 1 watch/llama+5 points+a week feature from =Reiyaa
, a week feature by =Mochiiii
+ more surprises +1llama from buniiru
Winner for most weight gained each week, in a healthy way, please: 1 llama from =CountMarigold
, 1 watch+1 week feature from =Reiyaa
, weekly surprise from *JllAO
, 1 llama by *Tai-zhi
+ more surprises+1llama from buniiru
So what is our goal for everyone?!
To lose 100 pounds in 2 months! Can you all do it!? I hope so! The more people who join the more we can get this to happen!
Goal so far: 0/100 pounds!
Well, enjoy your stay here! Ask for advice, give advice, lose weight or gain weight. I, as well as others will be here for your triumphs or set-backs.
We all love you and good luck!
P.s. I will be competing too. So let the games begin starting Monday!
Even if you don't want to join, leaving a comment giving encouragement or advice, or if what I posted helped in anyway leave a comment or note letting us know! If you would like to donate weekly prizes, let me know!
If you need any motivation please contact these people, if you don't want to comment on the journal: